For boot image, only core driver should be added to reduce the image size.
- Add driver from WDS – for Boot image.
- Add WIM image to WDS
- Add driver package into WDS
- Add driver to WIM
For installation image, there is no need to add driver to images when installing from WDS. Drivers will be loaded from WDS.
- Add driver using DISM
- DISM /Mount-Wim /WimImage:C:\Wim\Image.wim /Index:1 /MountDir:C:\Wim\Mount
- DISM /Add-Driver /Image:C:\Wim\Mount /Driver:C:\Drivers\driver.inf
- DISM /Unmount-Wim /Image:C:\Wim\Mount /Commit