I. Easy steps, but not work all the times.
1. Open Printers and Faxes
2. Uninstall all printers that using the driver
3. Open Server Properties from file menu
4. Click Drivers tab
5. Select the drivers to be removed
6. Click Remove
II. If there are problems to remove drivers using above steps, then try the following steps to remove the drivers manually.
1. Uninstall all printers that use the drivers
2. Stop printer spooler service
a. Type following command in command prompt
net stop spooler
b. Or, open services manager and find printer spooler, then click stop bottom to stop the service.
3. Open registry editor by type regedit in the run popup window.
4. Go to
\\hklm\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\Windows NT x86\Drivers\Version-3\<Driver name>
Version 0 is Windows NT 3.1
Version 1 is Windows NT 3.5
Version 2 is Windows NT 4.0
Version 3 is Windows 2000
\\hklm\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\Windows x64\Drivers\Version-3\<Driver name>
5. Find the drivers and delete the keys
6. Delete all files in %windir%\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3 and/or , \1, \2
7. For some printer drivers, like HP’s, they have extra folders. Find the folders and delete them. For HP’s, they start with hphp and/or Hewlett_Packard.
8. Delete the .inf files that link to the removed drivers %windir%\inf\
9. restart the print spooler or reboot PC.
Now you can start reinstall your printers and drivers.